Food is our common ground, a universal experience.
James Beard

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Ike Chili

I call this Ike Chili because I made it when we evacuated for Hurricane Ike.  It's easliy made into a vegetarian dish if yuo add more beans.

Ike Chili

Beans:Red Kidney Beans - 2 cans
Black Beans - 2 cans
Ranch Style Beans - 2 cans
Ro-tel Diced Tomatoes - 2 cans
Diced Tomatoes, Plain - 1 big can
2 cups broth
Meat (hamburger, turkey, venison, whatever) - 1 lb
Cayenne Pepper, pepper, salt - to taste

Put all of the beans and diced tomatoes in a pot.
Cook the meat separately in a skillet and add to bean/tomato mixture
Let it simmer for a while
Test it to make sure you have the amount of seasoning that you want

1 comment:

  1. I'm definitely going to have to make this chili since the hubby's nickname is Ike! Sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete